The event will be run in conjunction with the annual Sherman Hill Model Railroad Show at the Exhibition Hall at Frontier Park. The Union Pacific Steam Shop has graciously agreed to be open to allow viewing of the roundhouse and Steam Shop. A Visit Cheyenne trolley is planned to escort people to and from all of the locations with departures scheduled every 20 minutes. Model train displays, railroad art, and vendors will occupy the Depot lobby & the Sherman Hill Show.
On display in the museum is our Rail Art Show & Sale with artists competing for prize money and the opportunity for their work to become the foundation of the permanent railroad art exhibit in the Cheyenne Depot Museum. All pieces from the show are available for sale.
Hotel rooms are available across the plaza in the Historic Plains Hotel. Mentioned that you are coming to Depot Days and they will give you a special rate of. $99.00 per night ( Rate is available May 15-18th). For reservations call 307-638-3311.
Saturday: 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9 am to 4pm
Tentative Schedule of Events:
Friday May 16th, 2014
6-8pm RailArt Show Opening Reception at the Cheyenne Depot Museum
- Meet the Artists
- Announcement of Art Show Winners
- Rail Art & Photography goes on sale to the public
6-9pm Sherman Hill Model Railroad show opens
Saturday May 17th, 2014
9AM to 5PM all venues
Cheyenne Depot Museum
- Trolley stop to Sherman Hill Model Railroad Show in Frontier Park
- Vendors, Models and Mini Train
- Gift Shop and Museum open
- Meet Harry Brunk and Anna Lee Ames
- View the RailArt Show
- Parking Available (Parking available at the Events Center, Frontier Park and the Depot ONLY.)
Sherman Hill Model Railroad show at Frontier Park
- Trolley Stop to the Cheyenne Depot Museum
- Model Railroad Exhibits
- UP Mini Train
-UP Diesel Simulator
- Sherman Hill Steam Train Excursion Tickets available.
- Parking Available
Union Pacific Steam Shop Open House
- View the Round House and Steam Shop
- See Steam Engines 844, 3985 and the newly arrived Big Boy 4014!
- Available By Trolley Only
Watsatch Railroad Contractors Open House at Events Center & Ice Arena
- Trolley stop to Cheyenne Depot Museum, UP Steam Shop & Amtrak Exhibit Train
- View and see Mini Live steam
- See the restored Caboose 2516